Embrace partners with mobile teams to improve the stability and performance of their apps. While we provide value to everyone from business owners to CS to QA, the integration guide is written for the mobile engineer. Today's, mobile engineers have scar tissue b/c they are handed a SDK without context and asked to implement it. We aim to make this easy via specific integration suggestions for the engineer so that Embrace is implemented optimally to provide the most value to your entire mobile team.
Flow - Default Integrations
To make the integration even easier, we have provided Default Flows. If you have one of the following flows, please use these Flows in your integration:
First off, we know what it is like to be handed yet another SDK. Good news -- unlike other SDKs, Embrace has been built to help you, the engineer. Plug us in and get full visibility into your users and apps that you didn’t have before.
Embrace is the only performance monitoring platform focused and built only for mobile. The team at Embrace have all built large-scale mobile apps (Whisper, Tinder, Walking Dead, WWE…) and what we wanted most of all was visibility into what was technically occurring and for specific users -- and we didn’t want to use ill-suited marketing/analytics tools and logging tools that required me to have impossible foresight into my future bugs.
Each of us experienced a user or CEO complaining. We wanted to be able to look the complainer up and see if it was their fault, a connectivity or environment issue, a SDK or perhaps the code. Plus we always had hunches that OOMs, poor speed of network calls from the client-side perspective (and not server,) broken purchase mechanisms, and other things made apps less stable. Why couldn’t I find this info simply and quickly?
Embrace was built to help the entire Mobile Team (CS, QA, Marketing, Product) but, most specifically, you the Engineer.
- We know every device is a user so we do not sample.
- Look up any user in prod or dev, select any session (good or bad) and reproduce all the technical details of the experience. (We’ll even take screenshots when we identify an issue so you can see it!)
- For crashes, the solution is not always a stacktrace but the prior 10 seconds that lead up to the crash.
- User sessions show the most recent sessions and lets you find users quickly.
All roads lead to a user and their session. Since we store and track tons of user level session data,
- we know how a session ended and when poor performances occur, including OOMs, Freezes, Slows, ANRs, Network errors, re-installs, voluntary terminations, and
- we aggregate all the data into a set of dashes, like Network Monitoring, Crashes, OOMs, Enhanced Version Comparisons, Screenshots, etc.
We are excited for you to integrate Embrace so we can make each user's experience better. We are focused on only mobile and have two integrations guides, Android and iOS. Each guide is designed to make the integration as quick as possible while achieving the highest value out of Embrace.