Embrace partners with mobile teams to improve the stability and performance of their apps. While we provide value to everyone from business owners to CS to QA, the integration guide is written for the mobile engineer. Today's mobile engineers have scar tissue because they are handed an SDK without context and are asked to implement it. We aim to make our implementation easy by providing the following guide, which contains specific integration suggestions to an ensure an optimal experience. A successful integration will speed up development, remove the need to ask users and QA to reproduce issues, and provide the most value to your mobile team.
Flow - Default Integrations
To make the integration even easier, we have provided Default Flows. If you have one of the following flows, please use these Flows in your integration:
Welcome to Embrace.
Before we begin, we know what it is like to be handed yet another SDK. Good news -- unlike other SDKs, Embrace has been built to help you, the engineer. Plug us in to get full visibility into your users and apps that you didn’t have before.
Embrace is the only performance monitoring platform focused and built only for mobile. The team at Embrace have all built large-scale mobile apps (Whisper, Tinder, Walking Dead, WWE…), and what we wanted most of all was visibility into what was technically occurring and for specific users. We didn’t want to use ill-suited marketing/analytics tools and logging tools that required us to have impossible foresight into future bugs.
All of us have had the experience of a user or CEO complaining. We wanted to be able to look the complainer up and see if it was the user's fault, a connectivity or environment issue, an SDK, or perhaps the code. Plus, we always knew that OOMs, poor speed of network calls from the client-side perspective (and not server,) broken purchase mechanisms, and other issues made apps less stable. Why couldn’t we find this info simply and quickly?
Embrace was built to help the entire mobile team (CS, QA, Marketing, Product) but, most specifically, you the engineer.
- We know every device is a user so we do not sample.
- Look up any user in prod or dev, select any session (good or bad) and reproduce all of the technical details of the experience. We’ll even take screenshots when we identify an issue so you can see it!
- For crashes, the solution is not always a stacktrace but the prior 10 seconds that lead up to the crash.
- User sessions show the most recent sessions and let you find users quickly.
All roads lead to a user and their session. Since we store and track tons of user level session data,
- we know how a session ended and when poor performances occur, including OOMs, freezes, slows, ANRs, network errors, re-installs, voluntary terminations, and
- we aggregate all of the data into a set of dashes, including Network Monitoring, Crashes, OOMs, Enhanced Version Comparisons, Screenshots, etc.
The following documentation is broken into two sections, Android and iOS. Each guide is designed to make the integration as quick as possible while achieving the highest value out of Embrace.
Welcome aboard. We're excited for you to integrate Embrace and together, we can make each user's experience better.
-- The Embrace Team